Monday, September 8, 2008

The Beginning







Well it has been a long interesting year so far! I started school in January of 2008. I currently have two semesters finished. I am majoring in Elementary Education, but I may change to Secondary Education. I just want to avoid teaching Science or History! But I do love working with kids.


Being here in Idaho has been a lot of fun and a GREAT experience for me! I got to know a lot of amazing people, and met my future HUSBAND Jake Olson. Weird!! I didn't think that this day would come so soon! But it has and I am so excited for it! Jake is from Idaho Falls (or Ammon). He served his mission in Massachusettes Boston area but was Cambodian speaking. Never would have thought that there were that many Cambodians in Mass. He recently went to Cambodia for the first time with his parents, and of course loved it! He got back from his mission a year ago and is on Fall/Winter Track here at BYUI where his going to Major in Health Science. He is going to use that to go into Radiology. He didn't start taking classes until Winter Semester and that's where I met him!


He was in my math class Winter Semester. His friend sat next to me the first day, and then the next class he supposedly raced to get there first so he could sit next to me! His pick up line "I don't know how to use my calculator, can you help me?" And of course, I fell for it! Unfortunately he dropped the class, but I still hung out with him and his friends. I left in April to come home for a week, and when I got back, he immediately got my number from his friend and started hitting on me. I loved it! But I tried to play hard to get, which obviously didn't work too well. :)



Everything has been fantastic since the moment we started dating in April. Except the fact that I decided NOT to tell anyone that I was dating him, so it was quite a shock when I finally told my parents that he was coming to meet them, and he was going to ask to marry me! Sorry Mommy and Daddy!! :) But of course they love him almost as much as I do!


Our date is set for January 23rd, 2009! We will be getting married in the Washington D.C. temple, and then we are having a reception in New Jersey on the 24th! Jake and I then leave for the honeymoon, and on February 13th, we will have another reception in Idaho Falls! I am so excited for it all to come! I guess I need to start doing more for planning and what not!


I am back in Idaho now until October, and then I am leaving and going back to New Jersey to help my mom with more wedding stuff, and to work my booty off! Jake and I will be taking second block classes this next Winter semester. I am on track in the summer so I will be going to school and working part time probably while he works full time for his dad who runs his own plumbing business.


So I will be here in Idaho for pretty much the rest of my life! But according to him I was meant to be a country girl!! We will probably move to Utah so he can finish school at Utah State or somewhere there. He plans on having a business in Idaho Falls with his uncles though. I do love it here, although I really miss the city sometimes, Idaho is not as bad as most would assume. Yes it is a lot smaller, but the people are nicer and everything is more relaxed. Ahhh, peace and quiet!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Arli! I love your blog! I can't do these pretty colors - Michael would hate it! It's great to read your story about how you met Jake. Good luck! <3

Love Lorri said...

Welcome baby girl! Beautiful job! So beautiful and well written! xoxo and say hello to jakie for me

Nicole said...

Arli! Congratulations! I was very excited to see that you have a blog. Next time you are in the area of Salt Lake let me know! We would love to have you both over for dinner....you do remember me right? I used to be your Primary teacher! (That is so funny to even think about! You and Julie were such cuties.)

the-olson-clan said...

Arli,
Sweet !! We are all so excited for you to be apart of our family and have your happy personality around here with Jake. Jake is a lucky guy and just to let you know that you are what we have prayed and prayed for sence Jake was little. Some one that would make him happy and some one that would love and take care of him. We feel so blessed that you have come into his life at this time and we can't wait for your life to begin together. We love you Arli and good luck with all of your plans and hope all of your dreams come true.
Rory and Lorie