Saturday, April 4, 2009

Troubles Sleeping




Well things have been great, except the fact that I CANNOT sleep at night! I don't know what it is. I usually have the blankets tucked all nice, but for some reason .... cough cough jake cough cough .... they come undone every night and it drives me crazy!

The first time I remember it happening it actually was very unpleasant! I had the worst nightmare ever. It was weird and made no sense, and apparently I was crying in my sleep. Jake woke me up, and I felt like there was the most evil spirit around me. I wanted to curl up and cry. Jake helped me to calm down (of course we said a prayer to get rid of that nasty feeling, it helped a ton!) and then I was able to fall back asleep.


The other night my mind was going crazy! I was replaying my day at work in my head (as a dream) for some reason, and I was going over the names and numbers which caused me to wake up! Of course, I can't stop thinking about it when I wake up either! I try everything there is, but for some reason I just can't sleep! Until I wake up at 5:45 to make Jakes lunch for the day and then go back to bed for an hour until I get up for work. That one hour I can sleep perfect. I have no idea what it is all about, but I REALLY DON'T like it! Not one bit!

I try taking melatonin at night so I can sleep through it, but for some reason my legs get so antsy that I wake up around the same time every night. And because the covers are all messy, I can't ever go back to sleep!

Of course the Melatonin doesn't work either. But my oh so sweet and caring husband (who I wake up every night with my spazy legs and constant tossing and turning) takes care of me. The other night he massaged my head so I would relax right before I fell asleep. That was the first time in a LONG time that I slept through the night. And then last night when I woke up in the middle of the night he massaged my head and legs again. It was so sweet! (I don't think he remembers it too much though, which makes it so much sweeter!) I love him. . .!

If you have any ideas of how I can possibly relax my mind and body before bed so I can sleep through the night, please, let me know! I am DYING to know! (Mostly because I feel bad I keep waking up Jake every night, and most the time I end up leaving and going to the couch so he can get his rest and not be tired at work!)


I would LOVE to be able to sleep like a baby again...!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey you should talk to my mom...She has trouble sleeping sometimes too...she actually has RLS. You might want to look into that if you already haven't. Other than the no sleeping thing, how the heck are you? I miss you!

Tiffany said...

Hey Arli... You are a Tanner. Thats the problem. LOL I have the exact same issues. I have been taking dramamine and it helps tons. Just try one not two pills and see if it helps. if not try 2 pills? My dr told me to take it. Benedryl gives me nightmares, but dr said it works well too? Natural pills, try valerian root. if you wanna go that route? That worked for me for yrs. that and melatonoin together??? Good luck sweety, but I doubt its gonna go away. LOL you just need to find what works for you. xoxox love you!! ~Auntie

Love Lorri said...

Sorry sis! You know I get you! Auntie Tiff was right, you are a tanner!!!! Nana had trouble sleeping and so do I, I believe both uncles do also! Auntie LeeAnn and Lesli are both people who have RLS-restless leg syndrom!
Remember not to take too much meletonin or it will give you nightmares! I only took 1mg when I did. Valerian Root does work! I took that for years too! I also heard Benedryl can cause you to be restless. Since you are so LUCKY to have a dr in the family why dont you go see him!
I love you...let me know how it goes!
Give Jake a big hug from ME!
LOVE MOMMY

The Tanners said...

I don't sleep either. Whatever you do don't start eating in the night. Bad habit. I have had issues with my legs but not like Les, I don't think I have RLS, but they get antsy. I take advil. I also stretch really good on the floor before bed. This seems to help my legs. And one thing that I would suggest, is to either read some books on meditating or take a class or something. That has helped a lot.

Love ya,

Uncle Nate

Lesli said...

Hi Arli! It sounds like you do have RLS (Restless Leg Sydrome). Which totally sucks! You should really talk to your Dr. about it. I went years without treating it and Ian almost divorced me! lol! Just google it & see. It saved my life! :o) Love you lots!

Tinney Tribe! said...

Hey Sweetie,
I get in a Very Hot Bath right before I go to sleep! Try the natural stuff and a hot bath with a good Book! It helps so much! There are nights when I have taken 2 or 3 baths in one night!

Mandy said...

Did this start happening after you got married because of the messed-up blankets...or did you always have trouble sleeping and the blanket problem is just added to it? For the blanket issue, you could try putting an extra twin-size fleece blanket just on your side and wrap it around you.

Sending love and prayers for sleep-filled nights your way!